Cutter Associates is seeking a Senior Research Analyst to become an integral part of our Research and Benchmarking Team. Join our renowned Research Team and challenge yourself to help us keep asset management firms up to speed with the most current information on investment systems, operations, strategy, and industry best practices! This is an exciting time to join our expanding team as this is a new research position, with a focus on the trends, tools, and technologies in the asset management space.
In the role of Senior Research Analyst your responsibilities will include developing compelling research and benchmarking studies on a variety of topics related to the latest trends in asset management operations and technology, and communicating the findings in written reports, presentations, and client interactions.
*Please note that for this position we are NOT looking for Investment Research Analysts, rather we are looking for analysts who have experience in technology and operations within Investment Management. This is NOT a CFA/ Security Analyst position.
Key responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Interface with software vendors, industry experts, and senior operations and IT personnel of leading asset management firms.
- Author in-depth, high-quality research and benchmarking reports on a broad set of topics related to asset management systems and operations.
- Create and deliver compelling presentations at Cutter conferences and other industry events
- Develop benchmarking surveys, compile results, and produce client reports
- Collaborate with fellow Cutter Research, Benchmarking, and Consulting associates
- Develop content for company website including articles, newsletters, and whitepapers
- Lead member discussions on Cutter webcast events
- Suggest and promote Research and Benchmarking topics for future consideration
A successful candidate will have the following background:
- 5-10 years of experience in the institutional asset management industry, either as an asset management Operations/Technology practitioner, OR as a fintech vendor/service provider
- A creative and insightful writer who can capture and synthesize the essence of their research and present it in a positive and thought-provoking manner, revealing insight into the real issues of consequence facing asset management firms in today’s world
- Strong familiarity with the end-to-end asset management value chain, as well as the supporting business processes and technology platforms/infrastructure
- Expertise in one or more asset management disciplines (e.g. Trade Processing, Performance and Attribution, Risk Management)
- Strong familiarity with industry trends, challenges, and best practices for asset management systems and operations
- Bachelor’s degree (required), MBA (a plus)
A successful candidate will have the following traits:
- Motivated and detail-oriented researcher with intellectual curiosity and thirst for knowledge around asset management disciplines
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task and effectively drive projects forward in an aggressive, deadline-driven environment
- Strong interviewing and analytical skills with a proven ability to identify and substantiate key findings and trends
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel as required (< 20%)
In addition to offering competitive compensation and career growth opportunities, Cutter Associates provides employees a competitive benefits package. We believe that providing a full suite of benefits allows our employees peace of mind and the ability to focus on their work. We are a family-friendly corporation offering flexible schedules, business casual dress, and an open working environment.
Our benefits package includes: Medical and Dental Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Retirement Plan – 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacations, Holidays.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com